Your wedding is likely to be the biggest party you’ll ever throw and one of the most enjoyable and memorable events in your life. With this in mind, here are 10 reasons you should hire a wedding band for your special day.
1. Nothing gets a party started like a live wedding band. The energy and spectacle of musicians performing live never fails to breath life into a party.
2. Live music has the ability to break down the most resilient inhibitions and get people dancing.
3. Your first dance is a special moment, ask your wedding band to perform a unique version of your favourite song so that the moment is a one off event.
4. There’s no guarantee that your venue will have a sound system capable of pumping out music for your guests to dance to. When you hire a wedding band, they’ll bring their own PA and should be happy to run a disco for you, saving you money on a DJ.
5. It’s a great ice breaker and a talking point for your guests.
6. The wedding band will have their own lighting rig to transform your event room into a dance floor. Another thing you don’t have to worry about.
7. You get to choose the tunes. As part of the package, most wedding bands will offer to learn some of your favourite songs for your special day.
8. People always remember a good party and a wedding can be memory people will carry with them forever. A live wedding band can help create that memory and every time you bump into friends and family for years to come, they’ll say “your wedding was brilliant”.
When you hire a wedding band it’s important to think about the style of music you and your friends will want to dance to. There is no point in hiring a Madness Tribute Act if you love 90s brit pop. Contact a few wedding bands and have your questions ready. Check out their website, watch their videos and most importantly listen to their music.
A wedding band should be able to easily provide you with a list of the songs they know and help you put together a set list that will keep people on the dance floor all night.